TDI Decompression Procedures
As sport divers, planned decompression is not something that we do or have been taught. The TDI Decompression Procedures course prepares you for planned staged decompression diving, extending your depth range and bottom time, and opening up a whole new world! With a maximum operating depth of 45m/150 feet, this course is your first step beyond the normal sport diving limits, and the entry level course into the world of technical diving. This course is often taught as a combined course with Advanced Nitrox.
This course has a lot of different elements to it making it a very intense and rewarding course for those willing to commit. This is the stage where divers are making the transition from recreational to technical diving and as such, they need to expand on the current knowledge and skill level. A large portion of this course is gear driven, to work on new components, configuration, and implementation of essential gear, as well as the deployment of that gear in-water. Classroom will be focused on a variety of different topics that are incorporated into making safe dive plans, and discussing the technical mindset, communication, working/making a team, and many other topics. In the openwater, skills will be learned and practiced building a solid muscle memory and proper reactions. Student divers will eventually be able to combine these elements to to execute some deeper dives on some cool wrecks.
– Class/Diving: $400.00
– Charters: $160-$240 (4-6 Dives off charters)
– Text: $60 TDI text
– 18 years old
– Advanced Diver or equivalent
– 25 Dives, this course requires the diver to be comfortable in doubles and a drysuit (if in cold water).
Required Gear List:
Please see the downloads section for the required gear.
Skills & Course Dives:
– Buoyancy/Hovering/Trim/Finning- continuous work throughout the course
– Situation awareness
– Overall comfort with all gear including lights, bags, bottles, reels, etc..
– Stage Bottle ‘work’; removing/replacing while hovering, passing, free-flows
– Lift bag mastery; shooting in less than 30 secs
– Mask; switch to backup, switch to necklaced reg w/o mask
– Valves; free flows, broken hoses, valve failure
– Wing/Drysuit malfunction
– Communication; gas switch, deco stops, advanced communication
– Out of Air; deco gas, back gas
– Execution of plans; gear configured correct, times, gas switches, monitor
– What ifs; missed deco, deeper/longer, lost